A few weeks back, I decided to make a little bed for Ruby's doll. I knew that this should be fairly straightforward, and looked for a tutorial online. I tend to be pretty hopeless at following a pattern, or tutorial, and after a quick browse of Pinterest, I decided I couldn't go too far wrong by winging it, and so that is what I did. The process was very simple. I cut out four rectangles of fabric (two for the base of the bed and two for the top) and two pieces of wadding. I quilted each pair together, then sewed the smaller rectangle on top of the larger one, folding down the edge so that the grey fabric would be slightly visible.
I trimmed down the edges, then used some bias binding I had made for a previous project to finish off the edges neatly. And that's it. No need to do any kind of sewing right sides together, turning, faffing, etc. It has a good few imperfections, because I was wanting to finish the sewing before Ruby woke from her nap, but I doubt that Ruby has noticed.