self portraiture part one


I have always loved photos and the way they tell stories without words. When I was pregnant with our daughter, I was so excited at the prospect of having a growing family to photograph, and you don't have to spend much time scrolling through my blog to see that fourteen months in to having Ruby with us, I still love to take photos of her. Sadly, for all of the thousands of photographs I take, we have very few of me with Ruby and / or John, because I am always the one behind the lens. This is something I am hoping to remedy a bit this year with the help of my shutter remote for my camera. I realise that the photos I take using the remote won't have the same candid quality that I like in photos, but at least they will provide some record of me with my family. Here are a few shots from my first attempt. I tried to take advantage of the golden light that fills the back of our house in the morning, and while they are far from perfect photos, they still tell a story.

Comments