The 52 Project: 5/52

 'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2015.'

Dear Ruby,
This week, you have managed to disable the use of my return key on my laptop, rotate the entire computer screen orientation, and reorganise the apps on Daddy's phone. You pretend to talk on the phone, and appear confused when we use the landline to make calls, rather than FaceTime, so you can't see the person we're talking to. When your Daddy and I were your age, mobile phones were the size of bricks, and had only just been invented. You have done a fantastic job of confusing your parents and forcing us to learn new things about our technological devices.
You have helped me to bake bread this week, pouring flour into the mixer and learning how to turn the Kenwood Chef on and off again. I'm anticipating that our kitchen will be filled with many flour and sugar clouds while you master control of the different speeds. 
I often say this, but you are changing so much, little one. You signed 'baby' for the first time today, and have started to lie your soft toys down on the changing mat when it's time to have your nappy changed. As always, you continue to amaze me with your growing understanding of language, and your ability to communicate. 
With all my love, 
Mama. 

Comments