from one weekend to another

This time last weekend I took a stroll in the gloruious sunshine that was totally out of character for this time of year, to take a photo of this house of great character, while John caught up on sleep post-China trip. 



As I write this, I have one of our quilts (made by John's Mum) over my legs & toes, because they were starting to go numb from the cold. What a contrast, but that's what seasons are about. Change & contrast, from warmth & light to coolness & darkness. 

Having woken up at 7am this morning, I got up and read my new book for two hours before going back to bed for an uncharacteristic lie-in. (Does it count as a lie in if you've already got up, eaten breakfast & finished a book, or is it just an early morning nap?) When I woke up for the second time this morning, I heard the sound of my kenwood chef whirring. John was making pancakes. What a lovely treat for a Saturday morning brunch.




Perfectly thin, perfectly cooked, perfectly dressed with demerera sugar & freshly squeezed lemon juice. Yum.

Comments

  1. Definitely a mid morning nap! Clearly living the dream...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment