a lovely surprise

I have mentioned before how I love post. I love to send it and I love to receive it, especially when what lands on my doorstep is a complete surprise. When I came home on Thursday, there was a fat parcel at my feet as I opened the front door, with handwriting that looked strangely familiar but I couldn't quite place. The writing looked just like my Nanny's writing, except I know that her hands are too greatly affected by arthritis to be able to write anymore. Intrigued, I opened the package to find this wonderfully fat book with a pretty pink cover inside, and a letter, revealing the identity of the handwriting. It was from John's Granny (who will be turning 90 in December - her husband turned 90 this year too). Having read this book, she had thought of me, so popped it in the post so I could enjoy it too. I am pretty sure it will just make me want to have my own cupcake shop even more than I do already!

I took the book to the park for its photoshoot (the ground was too wet for me to sit and read outside), and I couldn't help taking a few photos of the colours of Autumn that are showing themselves all around.


Comments