one more walk in the woods


This weekend has been utterly glorious. The sun has not stopped shining. The light streaming through our windows felt like the perfect welcome into our new home. I picked up the keys on Friday and unloaded the first lot of boxes. We are packing our life up gradually over the course of this week. It was John's idea to ask our landlady if we could have the flat a little bit longer to save us moving everything at once, and I am so thankful for his wisdom on this one. It feels a lot less like an overwhelming task to pack each room up little bit by little bit, especially as we are also attempting to source furniture and appliances for the entire house at the same time.

Saturday was full of baking and baby shower fun. I baked some of these double chocolate cookies and tried a new single chocolate chip recipe. I have been searching for the perfect recipe for a long time, and I think I might have come close to finding my current favourite. As it often goes when I bake for a specific event, I completely failed to take any photos. But that just means I have a great excuse to bake them again this week, so I can share the recipe here!

On Sunday, we visited Shepton Mallet Flea Market, which I hadn't heard of until recently, when a friend recommended it, and then I read another recommendation on a blog. We managed to find two bedside tables, a chest of drawers and a pine cupboard that we will use as a TV cabinet. There was a phenomenal about of stuff at the market, and I would definitely go back there. I felt a bit like I had to put blinkers on, to help me spot the furniture we actually needed, and avoid being lured in by all of the pretty little items that were lovely, but wouldn't help at all when it comes to storing our belongings.

With the beautiful sunshine on Sunday afternoon, I couldn't resist going for a little stroll through the woods that are right by our house. I am going to miss them a lot when we move. I have been on countless runs among those trees, strung bunting from branches for little photoshoots and walked with friends among the bluebells in Springtime.

Comments