The Cake & Bake Show

Sunday saw the dawning of the long awaited Cake & Bake Show in Earls Court, London. It was the first of its kind, and bakers & cake lovers turned up in droves until Earl's Court was utterly packed. We saw many wonderful cakes and all the sugar craft tools you could ever want to buy. I have never tried my hand at sugar craft, so the temptation to buy lots of things was not too overwhelming.

We got to see the infamous Mary Berry demonstrate how to make a roulade - I love that woman and would quite like to be like her when I grow up. Unsurprisingly, hundreds of other people wanted to see Mary Berry too, so our view was not the best - neither was my choice in camera lens for the event.
{a very poor photo of Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood}

There were some absolutely stunning wedding cakes that were works of art. I don't think I could bring myself to cut into one of these beauties.
I have no idea if these beautiful spheres are even edible, but regardless, they are my kind of works of art.

Comments