Change / Five Minute Friday

Last week I read about Lisa-Jo's Five Minute Friday over on The Tiny Twig's blog. It's a simple, wonderful idea: Each week on a Friday, Lisa-Jo gives a word prompt (this week - Change) and you write for 5 minutes on the theme of that word. Then you link to your blog post on Lisa-Jo's blog, and leave some encouragement for the previous person who linked to their post on the same theme. I love the creativity in this simple idea that connects people from all over the blogging world for a few minutes each Friday.

Go.
Change. What does it look like? Change takes a thousand different faces and guises. I see it in the children I teach and change makes me smile as I think about how far they have come. I hear it in the voice of my brother who has lived in Spain for a number of years now - Spanish has changed his intonation and sentence structure.
I feel the change in the seasons approaching - the coolness of the air that signals that Autumn is on its way in. Change keeps us on our toes, presenting us with new decisions and opportunities, new circumstances that can feel beyond our control.
The jingle and rattle of loose change in a purse jogs a childhood memory of counting my carefully saved pennies, one by one, mentally noting and noticing the different sound that each coin made.
Change can be seen, felt and heard, presenting itself in a variety of ways that appeal to our senses, causing us to occasionally stop and marvel that change cannot be ignored.
Stop.

Comments

  1. Beautifully said. What age group do you teach and what do you teach exactly? I love to see the change in young people too, and how it goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meyser, thank you for your kind words. I teach Nursery Class children, which is 3 - 4 year olds in England.

      Delete
  2. I love all the ways you spoke of change. From the gingle of coins to children becoming before your eyes to rhythms of your brother's new speech. You expressed facets I'd never considered. So happy to have found you through FMF. And I love your photos here. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, I loved seeing the ways different people interpreted the theme of 'change' - thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  3. I love your post. And just wanted to thank you so much for all of the kind words you left on my blog. I was really encouraged by you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment