This weekend was the first in a long time that John and I have both been at home. I have lost count of the different trips we have taken over the last couple of months. So, we made the most of having some time to relax, by taking a trip to Chew Magna.


Our plan was simple: go for a walk & eat some delicious food in a country pub. The skies were perfect, sun rays on show for me to admire as we left the city for the countryside.



We were in the company of cows...
...and a couple of horses, who were happily grazing as we strolled through their field. Then they spotted us and couldn't resist coming to say hello.

 Hello!
 Oh wow, you are a bold horse, coming so close! Umm, please don't trample us! I am feeling just a tiny bit intimidated by you right now...
Meet John, the horse whisperer. I think the horses were intimidated by a meeting a human that was taller than them, and each time we tried to walk a bit further through the field, they nudged their way between us, forcing me to let go of John's hand. How rude!



 I like to think the horses were a little forlorn when we climbed over the fence to carry on our walk. I, on the other hand, was  relieved that we hadn't got tripped or trampled by them.

 We found a perfect flat topped hedge to balance the camera on for a rare photo of the two of us.
Of course, we had to pull some silly faces as the camera wanted to take ten photos at once on the timer setting.
Who knows how my hair ended up standing vertically, but I like it.

 We watched the sun go down then headed back to the village to enjoy the Christmas lights and the culinary delights of the Bear and Swan.


John had done a bit of local pub research before we left home, and came across the Bear & Swan. We were greeted by the pub dog and a crackling fire. One latte & a pint of ale later, and it was time to order food. If you ever find yourself in the area, I would highly recommend the Bear & Swan. The food was seriously delicious. I ate pork belly which melted in my mouth. Oh yum. This was most definitely a gastro pub with chefs who know how to fill your belly with great, great food. I love weekends.

Comments

  1. You two are nuts! Great photos! And I agree, over friendly horses are very intimidating - you're never quite sure what they want!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment