recently baked.


I love to bake. Those of you who know me or stop by here regularly probably know this by now. When I got my part-time teaching post that I started in September, I was honestly excited that I would still have plenty of time to bake. 

On the first day back to school, I found a mountain of apples in the staffroom that had grown on our school apple tree and needed using. So it only seemed right that when I used them to bake a cake, the staff at school should be the recipients. The next week, I felt like baking cookies. I knew the recipe yielded approximately 50 cookies, so it made sense to take them to school for the staff to enjoy, rather than keeping them at home for John & I to guzzle our way through. Last week, as I flicked through my new copy of the Delicious food magazine, I saw a recipe for caramel / millionaire shortbread, and decided that it would be the perfect Friday treat for my colleagues. And so it seems that I have started a weekly tradition, and now, staff are expecting that I will bring in some kind of baked goods each week.

Perhaps the only problem with this tradition is that while people are thanking me now, they may well change their tune when their trousers start getting a little bit snug...


Sure, it is not a perfect cross-section, and the ratio of shortbread to chocolate is off (not enough chocolate), but no one complained. I love making people smile with cake.

Comments

  1. I would happily work at your school - just for the Friday bake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love it when you make people smile with cake too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment