weekend round up part two: out of my kitchen

After my cupcake baking adventures of last weekend, I had a fair few eggs leftover. So meringues became the order of the day weekend.

With the egg whites I baked chocolate pavlova to take to Sarah's Birthday BBQ (recipe found here). I topped the pavlova with a great number of raspberries, bought at a brilliant price from a local produce market.


With the yokes, I made a double batch of lemon curd from this recipe


It only seemed right to make some mini lemon merigues to fill with the lemon curd to create beautiful little bitesized treats


I will most definitely be making these little ones again. They are the perfect combination of chewy but not too soft, with the gentle flavour of the vanilla & zest in the meringue complimenting the slightly tart lemon curd. Yum.

Comments