little buffers

Lately my working days have begun & ended with exactly the same thing.

Tiredness? You might be thinking. Well, yes, you would be right. But no, not that. That's not what I'm talking about today. 

Children?

Yep, you're getting a little warmer...I'll give you a clue. If you know anything about anything, you'll know that this current collectors item has taken the Primary Schools by storm.

Give up?

Ok, I'll tell you. 

Match Attax. 

These are the football cards of the children of today. The little boys in my life seem to just love them. Their days would evolve around match attax, if only school would allow it to become a curriculum focus. But, alas, the school does not allow it, so instead, they fill the rest of their waking moments thinking about Match Attax.

Hmm...let me rephrase that. They don's just think about them, they talk about them. all. the. time. Does anyone relate? Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm a Match Attax magnet that cannot help but attract the Match Attax monologue that these boys need to vocalise on a daily basis.

It was only the other day that it dawned on me just how much I listen to a certain two boys (aged 5 & 6) about their Match Attax love affair. In my semi-wakeful coma at the breakfast table, I realised that this let's-tell-hannah-about-every-single-football-plyaer-in-the-world-cup was a daily event, and that it didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon, regardless of whether England were still hanging on in there or not.

So I started to listen. I must confess that when I have woken up, realised I've overslept yet again, showered & readied myself for the day in a slightly frenzied manner, and run down to breakfast, my listening skills are not quite at their very best. But still, I have managed to retain a fair few pieces of information about football players & the format of these beloved cards.

Comments

  1. *requests picture of infamous cards*
    'they talk about them. all. the. time. Does anyone relate?' - Yes! - Though not about the article in question and not so much about talking but whenever Mel tries a new dish she likes it will be the only thing she cooks for the next month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment