all bound up & ready to go



Last week was the school half term holiday, which meant I had a week off. My job for the week was to make our wedding invitations and I could not have asked for a better job.

So many people have said to me that making your own wedding invites seems like a fun thing to do, but after the first 20 you get bored. I can honestly say that this was not the case for me. Knowing that this is the one and only time in my life where I will ever be making my very own wedding invitations, I wanted to savour each stage of the process.

As I cut up each invite, I smiled to myself at the very worthy investment of a paper cutter. It didn't disappoint - there is something so very satisfying about cutting perfectly straight lines, isn't there? Much to my amazement, the whole process has gone without any hitches or glitches, which has made it an even more enjoyable task to have engaged with.

I have some brilliant friends who had offered to help me with making the invitations. So, on Friday night, we packed up our sewing machines in our cars & gathered together to stitch&sew. After three hours of chatting, we decided maybe it would be a good time to start sewing, so we did just that, at 11pm. What a team we were. In 45 minutes we'd completed 70 invitations. Maybe we should start a business...

Posted by Picasa

Comments