a lovely surprise



Parcels make my day, they really do. Especially unexpected ones.

It was such a treat to come home at the end of a busy week last week and discover a parcel waiting for me with the PanMacmillan publishing label on it. I knew it was going to be good.

Over the last year, I have been incredibly blessed to see many a parcel come through my door from PanMacmillan.

One of the unknown joys of being in a relationship with John is that, along with his wonderful self, I have acquired a whole new set of friends.

Becky is one of these wonderful friends, and every now and then, a new book arrives at her publishing house which she kindly sends my way. It just so happens that Becky works in the children's book department which means my collection of children's books has grown all the more steadily, thanks to Becky.

So, my unexpected parcel last Friday contained 'The Invention of Clouds' and a lovely note from Becky, saying that she knows I love the sky and all of the beauty it has to hold, and so when she saw this book she thought of me.

How blessed I am to have friends like these. Thankyou, Becky, for your thoughtfulness & books.

Now, I'm off to bed to read about the clouds before slipping into dreamland.
Posted by Picasa

Comments