Light Up


Last night, having finished my babysitting stint earlier than expected, I relished the opportunity to walk home as my chauffeur {aka John} was not quite available to pick me up.

It was a wonderfully crisp evening and lights were a-glow at every turn. What made the journey even more brilliant was my walk through the churchyard. I could see the lights were on from a distance and wondered at the possibilities of who might be meeting there. As I drew closer the chorus of many dulcet tones greeted me with a familiar song. I couldn't quite put my finger on which song it was, so I paused in the pitch black church yard to listen. I stood there for a few moments surrounded only by the dark and the sounds of harmony, totally inconspicuous, delighting in the moment I was in.

The choir was singing Run by Snow Patrol. I walked the rest of my journey home with the lyrics, 'light up, light up, as if you have a choice, even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you dear' ringing sweetly in my ears, the perfect accompaniment to the glowing Christmas lights. Oh how I love Christmas.
Posted by Picasa

Comments