Watch the skies

I wrote this entry almost a month ago but have not managed to get around to publishing it until now. So rather than me editing this post to be written in the present, you'll just have to imagine that the wedding I'm talking about happened today.

There are many things I love about going to weddings. One of the things, although perhaps less obvious, is the travelling. The time spent sitting in a car travelling across the country lends itself brilliantly to thinking time. Today I was very aware of how I watch the skies as I think. I love taking in the way the colours and the clouds change - constantly beautiful in their formation.

As Lizzie and I drove home, we reflected on the address that had been given in the wedding we attended, and what we had learnt from it. That love is something we have lost the meaning of. In a world that projects love as something that doesn’t necessarily last, and is largely about feeling, we have forgotten what ‘love’ really is. That love is a choice. That we need to look to Jesus for our example of perfect love. And how did he show love? Through submission and sacrifice. That his love for us is not dependent on how good we are - how well we have done at certain things or how beautiful we are. He loves us because he chose to. Forever. Simple as that. His love endures forever. That is huge. In a world where people think it is fine and normal to fall out of love, the idea of a love that is unconditional, eternal and unchanging is not understood. But it is true and it is good.




Comments

  1. Lovely thoughts, and fantastic photos to go with it.

    Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment