food

So, my hankering for a digital SLR reared it's head again this weekend, as I cooked away and wanted to take photos of my creations. Quite frankly, the camera phone just did not cut it. In the slightest. I want to keep a record of the things I cook for a number of reasons:
fun
for my children
so I know where I can find that recipe that I know I once cooked but have no idea where I found it
because I like photos and I like food

As I couldn't take photos, I'm afraid it's just going to be a boring list.

:: carrot, cumin & yoghurt soup (I ate this flavour soup at Pret a Manger last week & loved it, so made my own)
:: belated birthday brownies. these bitesize beauties are dangerous because you just want to keep on eating them.
:: canacharan sundae. I just made that name up because its real name sounds something like it but I can't quite remember what it is. I've never made this dessert before, but it was delicious and beautiful - layers of raspberries that had been heated in orange juice & rosemary, topped with whipped cream & yoghurt & honey roasted buttered oats. Layers & layers of the good stuff.
(Incidentally, 'canacharan' is the number 500 in Sindarin.)
:: oven roasted vegetable soup
:: sausage casserole

Comments