la la la la laaa

Sorry for the lack of entries over the last few days - I've been busy busy busy since getting back to Bristol. Yesterday was spent writing my assignment which I have to hand in tomorrow morning. The evening was taken up by my servant duties. My good friend Ros was having a Murder Mystery party for her birthday, and asked Helen and me to help her with the food. We had to come dressed as eighteenth century ships maids. I have to say, I think we pulled it off pretty well. I whipped up a couple of aprons for us both, with some lovely lovely lace trim, which also adorned our wrists and our necks. Oh if only I had a digital camera to provide you with evidence.

I had a whole lot of fun making the aprons, stitching away on my sewing machine, which I finally got to work. It was incredibly satisfying seeing it all come together in a matter of a few short hours. I'm very excited about the prospect of all the lovely things I am going to attempt to make over this next year on the sewing machine that chug-chugs along and has a flashing bulb (not a feature but a fault), giving a strobe-like effect as I sew. Anyone would think the machine was trying to distract me.

Today has been spent running, church-ing, baking (polish cake, fudgy chocolate bars and chocolate brownies) and article writing. The baking is for my friends to consume over the next week at training, which is at Center Parcs. The leader of my church was ever so slightly indignant at the fact that when he did FP, they had their training at Herne Bay Court, and I get to go to Center Parcs! Everyone I've spoken to about going to Center Parcs has said that I must spend plenty of time in the pool and on the rapids. However, the last time I went swimming I lost both of my contact lenses, costing me an arm and a leg, and I don't feel I can spare the other two limbs, so don't plan on spending too much time in the pool. Goggles might seem like a sensible suggestion, but I know myself too well, and think that I would still manage to have some kind of disaster, even with goggles, so don't think about suggesting it.

In view of the fact that I have training for the next week, there is going to be a week-long blogging absence, but I am sure I will be able to make up for it upon my return.

Ciao amigos.

Comments