i love laughter

I have had a lovely lovely weekend. Saturday was spent baking for church - I took some photos on my housemates digital camera but don't know where here cables are so can't upload them just yet. All in good time. Then after church on Sunday, I spent the afternoon with my wonderful friends from university, as it was Katie's birthday (my old housemate). I can honestly say I came near to wetting myself, or rupturing something as a result of raucous laughter. I was actually rolling around on the floor, crying and screaming at the pain in my stomach muscles. I cannot remember the last time I laughed that much. I love good friends. There's nothing like them.

This morning we had our Mum's group - we FPers get to look after the babies while the mum's get some quality time praying, worshipping and learning together. Pretty good deal, I say. I have recently made a little friend with a two year old called Caleb, who is one of the children we look after.. He is perhaps one of the most loveable children I have ever met, and he has this wonderful way of saying my name which I guess I can't quite put into words! Well, we had a great time today, playing with a toy drill, which he thought was hilarious to drill me with. It tickled a lot, so I couldn't help but make a lot of noise, which of course was delightful to Caleb. When it was time for him to go, he said Bye to me, and left the room. Then he came back again,with no prompting from his mum, and gave me a big hug and said, 'fank-ooo annahh'. What an amazing child.

This morning I went for a run, and went on a route that I have not been on for a while - along Watercress Rd (hence the photo) and through City Farm. I said hello to the pigs, and found out that you can do animal husbandry work experience with them, so Sarah, if you fancy a trip to Bristol, and want to learn more about livestock, etc, I've found the perfect thing for you to do in your holidays!!

Comments