running like the wind

This morning I went for a run with my trusty running buddy Ros, and we ran 8.5 miles at an average speed of 7.59 mins to the mile, which I thought was pretty good for a good length run. That is officially the longest run I have ever done. I know it's a long way off marathon length, but not bad for a morning's run, I think it's fair to say! The picture to your left is of the beautiful Ashton Court Estate, which is one of the places we ran through this morning, where we saw a herd of deer and some frolicking squirrels.

So, it's Sunday afternoon, and my incredibly hardworking housemates are studying away, but as I don't work on Sunday's, I've been enoying some down-time. I have slight post-prandial lethargy (check out my medical knowledge - and that's not from Wikipedia!), having had a deliciously filling dinner at Wagamamma's. Amazingly, there was still a queue out the door, despite the bucket loads of rain pouring down. There's something about good food that not even bad weather can make people stay away!

I am into the penultimate week of my degree, which is....hmmm...I don't really know how I feel about it. I don't feel reminiscent, or sad, or excited or scared - in some ways it feels like a bit of a non-event. But I suppose it is quite exciting and a little milestone in the life of Hannah Barnes, to reach the end of my BSc.

The adventures that I mentioned I have been having have included my briefest visit yet to Herne Bay - for less than 24 hours for an interview last week, a trip to Weston-Super-Mare beach, which made me feel like it was summer, and a weekend trip to Woolacombe for a hen weekend. The hen weekend was definitely the highlight of my adventures so far in 2007. It was a gloriously sunny weekend, and we spent one whole day surfing which was absolutely brilliant. I came back from the weekend blonder and frecklier - a true sign that summer is on its way, not that you would believe it right now with all this rain. Gosh, how English am I, chatting away about the weather?!

On Friday, I went to my first ever book club meeting. A lady at church decided it'd be fun to start a book club to get to know some different people and to encourage those of us who love to read, to read more. It was a really fun evening, and I have to say that I was more than content to do nothing else with my friday evening than go to a book club and eat malteasers. Love it. Our fist book to read is the kite runner, which I have heard both very good and not so good reports about, so I'll just have to see for myself...

Comments