excitement and boredom

Well, I have failed miserably at keeping my blog up to date as of late, unlike my brothers, both of whom are legends.

Revision is upon students across the nation, and for me, the last set of exams of my career at Bristol university (if you can constitute 2 exams as a set!). Even though I only have two exams, I have to know everything in a whole lot of detail, and half of what I've been revising really hasn't been enthralling.

I am in the process of creating a piece of art for a friends wedding in June, and was having a bit of a creative block. So, I decided to enlist the creative genius of a friend at church who is an artist. I just googled her name to see if she has a website, and she doesn't but it turns out that there is another lady with the same name (and surname) as her, who is also an artist! What are the chances. Anyway, within five minutes of speaking with Sarah, I was feeling incredibly inspired and excited at the prospect of cracking on with the canvas. Only thing is, it still has to wait a bit because revision has to be a priority. Humph.

On a positive note about my work, I received an e-mail from one of my interviewee's from my dissertation, who said she thought it was excellent, and did I mind if she passed it on to some of her colleagues as she thought it would be very well received! I was very flattered, as I am by no means an expert on the use of art in health, and so to be told by professionals that they think my work is significant is a wonderful compliment.

I saw my tutor today, and she told me that she quoted me yesterday, when teaching my fellow ECS students as she felt that some things I had found in my research voiced things that were not summed up in other research. She also said that she plans to quote me again, and that my research was very powerful. I'll be gutted if the examiners don't share such sentiments, but even if they don't I have still been very encouraged - I never expected such a positive response.

I have been having plenty of adventures amidst my revision, but they are going to have to wait a bit longer, as I still need to do a couple more hours of revision before bedtime.

ttfn.

Comments