The 52 Project: 41/52

 'A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016.'
Dear Ruby,
The light at this time of year is just beautiful. In the late afternoon, our living room and master bedroom fill with golden light. On Friday afternoon, we were upstairs to change Jude's nappy, and the golden light was spilling out onto the landing wall. I just had to capture it, and thankfully, you were willing to step into the light so I could capture you. I really love finding where the light falls in different places, and to me, this is a constant reminder of how the Bible teaches us that Jesus is the light of the world, and that His light shines in the darkness, and the darkness will not overcome it. Light is beautiful, and I pray that you would know the beauty of the light and life that Jesus gives.
All my love,
Mummy xxx

************************

Dear Jude,
When I think about each of the letters I have written you since you were born just five months ago, I feel like the consistent them has been sleep. In parenting, it can sometimes be hard to see the wood from the trees, and feel like nothing is changing. But sometimes, change is just a very slow and gradual process. Of course you are changing, you absolutely are. One way that I see you have changed in the last couple of months is just how much you love being around other people. There was a time when you were at your happiest at home, without a doubt. Now, I see a calmness about you, along with your beaming smile, when we are with our friends. I took this photo when we were at a third birthday party in St. Andrew's Park. You spent the entire time awake in the sling, just quietly observing everyone around you. I love watching you, little one.
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments