Frenchay Moor

On Sunday we discovered the beautiful Frenchay Moor, which is only five minutes down the road from where we live. I had no idea it existed, and got just a little bit excited by the discovery. These are the kinds of adventures that make my heart happy. Time with my little family, breathing in the Autumn air, enjoying the beauty in nature that never fails to inspire awe of God in me, and the fun of not quite knowing where we will end up. Watching Ruby's joy as she collected dandelions and presented them to me, saying, 'these are for you', her happiness as she swung on a rope swing for the first time, and Jude's glee at having wide open spaces to gallop around - these are such small but precious moments that I want to remember.
There was only one point where we thought we might have got slightly out of our depth when we reached a dead end, and the only options were to walk a really long way back with two tired children, or trespass on someone's property where there was a clear sign saying, 'Private property, do not trespass'. We chose the trespassing option, which involved scrambling up a muddy hill then jumping off a ten foot wall. Ruby's attitude was amazing. When she listened to John and I considering whether we could all make it up to the top, Ruby said, 'Yep, I reckon we can do it. Let's have a go!' The children weren't at all phased by being passed over the high wall, and I only sustained minor grazes and an elevated heart rate.

Comments