The 52 Project: 33/52

'A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016.'

Dear Ruby,
We spent half the week at Nanny and Grandad's house, and you were enthralled by their lovely garden. You particularly loved declaring, 'Let's go and run around the tree!' I lost count of the number of times you ran around their magnolia tree over the course of three days. There was a wonderful moment where you were eating a sliver of chocolate cheesecake at dinner time, completely shattered from the adventures of the day. You could barely keep your eyes open, but you managed to scrape every last morsel of cheesecake from the bowl, propping your elbow on the table to involve minimal effort, as your eyes blinked slower and slower, edging you towards sleep.
We celebrated Nanny's 60th Birthday, and you relished another opportunity to sing, 'Happy Birthday' to her over and over again. I love your enthusiasm for celebrating and I hope this never wanes.
All my love,
Mummy xxxx

**********************


Dear Jude,
You have spent abundant amounts of time in the arms of my family this week. Grandad is far from being old, but his arms and wrists might well feel like they have aged twenty years from holding you for so many hours, helping you to drift off to dreamland. You have some serious staying awake stamina, little one.
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments