The 52 Project: 31/52

'A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016

Dear Ruby,
I am going to keep this week's letter short, as there aren't many words or memories in my head right now. This week ended with a trip to see Granny and Grandad in Southbourne. You were so incredibly excited to get to the beach, run in the sand and paddle in the sea. Upon seeing the sea, you jumped up and down, saying, 'we're at the beach! we're at the beach!' then proceeded to run all the way down the long slope to the beach. You and I needed this break, to come to this beautiful place and be refreshed, and I hope that you will take the time when you need to, to be refreshed by the beauty of the outdoors and open spaces for the rest of your life.
All my love,
Mummy xxx

**********************
Dear Jude,
We've had another week of clocking up many miles of walking together (approximately 45), as this is often what you need in order to calm enough to feed, or go to sleep. The fresh air works wonders for you, little one, and when we go walking, I keep thinking that I am so grateful that you were born in the Spring, so that we can enjoy the warmth of the sun and the beauty of blue skies on our walks. 
One night last week, you stirred in your sleep and all I had to do to help you resettle was hold your hand. That was enough to reassure you and I couldn't help but think about how love can be complex, but at times, it is so simple. Sometimes all we need to feel ok is to hold the hand of someone we love, and for now, I am grateful that I get to have this role in your life.
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments