The 52 Project: 27/52

 'A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016.'

Dear Ruby,
You go to sleep each night with a growing collection of items in your bed. Tonight I took a quick inventory after you got out of bed for the third time, asking for cuddles with Daddy. You had a squish toy, a sheet of insect stickers (including one stuck to your back), two dolls knitted by one of Granny's old colleagues' Mother's, little moon bunny (named after Topsy's bunny in Topsy & Tim), a Lamaze baby toy that you found in your wardrobe, another baby toy with a bell attached, and a duck-billed platypus puppet. There's also a polar bear (that Daddy's work gave you as a baby) and the bear that I've had since I was little. My older brother (Uncle John) and I each had one that we got from buying so many pairs of Clarks shoes. He cut a 'hole' of hair in my bear's head so we would always know whose bear was whose, but really I think it was just to antagonize me. He called it a bullet hole, upsetting me at the thought that my bear had been shot. Way back then when we weren't very kind to each other. Last but not least, you have an enormous bead toy which you seem perfectly comfortable sleeping with, much to my amazement.
I love you and your quirky ways.
All my love,
Mummy xxx

*************************

Dear Jude,
I have started reading a book this week called, 'Nobody Told Me' by Hollie McNish. It is the perfect book for me to read in this season of you being a new baby, and all of the mild madness which this brings. You currently love lying under your black and white contrast mobile, focusing intently on the patterns you can see. You can also spend an incredible amount of time kicking your arms and legs, every part of you moving, moving, moving. 
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments