The 52 Project: 24/52

'A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016.'

Dear Ruby,
This week, you have mastered how to flip over by holding onto Daddy's hands, climbing up his legs, then flipping backwards. I still remember how this feels from doing the same kind of flips with my Dad. It's such a joy and privilege to witness you finding enjoyment in the same things that I enjoyed in my childhood. You also learned how to do a forwards roll / roly poly this week at Whazza, and you are completely delighted in this new skill. You practiced it over and over again and as I write this, you're sleeping off the tiredness induced by all of that exercise!

You have also discovered that your body makes a pretty great painting canvas, and have started to ask to paint every day about five minutes before I'm ready to serve dinner. I love watching you unleash your creativity.

All my love,

Mummy xxx

**********************
Dear Jude,
Yesterday you smiled while looking at me for the first time (you have done a lot of sleep smiles ever since you were six days old), and it was a beautiful moment in the midst of a fairly tough week.
We love you, little one.
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments