The 52 Project: 23/52

'A portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2016.'
Dear Ruby,
​This week you have danced while singing 'Happy Birthday' to Uncle Rob, eaten more lasagne than Nanny, fallen asleep while sitting upright and surrounded by your books, and climbed higher than ever before at Old Down Country Park. Here's to celebrating the simple things in life that bring us a lot of joy, like singing, food and climbing. 
All my love,
Mummy xxxx

**********************
Dear Jude, 
Nanny came to stay with us this week and you spent a wonderful amount of time in her arms. She has raised four children, so is pretty experienced with caring for babies, and she is the most gentle soul I know. When you were screaming, Nanny took the time to find out the best way of making you comfortable when I felt like I had tried every trick in the book for settling a newborn babe and was at the end of my tether. Family is so precious and I am very grateful that you get to spend time cradled in your Grandmother's arms. 
In other news, I took you to have your newborn hearing test this week, but they couldn't complete the test because your sleep-snuffling was too loud for the machine to detect if your ears can hear or not. You've had a cold pretty much since the day you were born, so your poor little nose doesn't yet know the joys of breathing easily and quietly. Here's to hoping you make that discovery soon (and preferably before I have to take you back for another hearing test!!)
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments