The 52 Project: 17/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2016.'

Dear Ruby,
This week you have mastered the art of climbing into the bath by yourself and getting dressed completely on your own. I love that today, you chose to wear not just one, but two dresses (in this photo, you can just about see the second dress that's red poking out from under your blue dress). 

I took this photo of you when you were playing a game of Hide & Seek with Daddy in Stoke Park. I love your current take on this game, which basically involves you saying, 'I go hide in the living room...you come find me.' Then you often come and find us instead. You get a lot of enjoyment just from playing with us, rather than because you understand how the game is meant to work, and just seeing your glee is contagious. You like to 'hide' on the sofa under a blanket with Daddy and I have to come and find you again and again. The giant trees in Stoke Park lent themselves perfectly to your version of Hide and Seek, and I loved watching you run out from your not-so-secret hiding places, arms tucked up and swinging across your chest in this wonderful running technique you have developed.

Here's to many more hours of playing together in ways that make us all laugh and smile.
All my love,
Mummy xxx

Comments