The 52 Project: 16/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2016.'

Dear Ruby,
Our week has been filled with its usual quantity of highlights, and perhaps a few more lows than average. You and I are both starting to feel the strain of me being heavily pregnant, and how that limits what we can do together. We both find it frustrating that I can't cuddle you as easily, or run with you, or spend as much time on the floor together, but this won't be the case for much longer. On Tuesday, I had to go to the hospital for them to try and turn your baby brother around (he was breech), and as a result of this, you missed our singing group which we've been going to every Tuesday for at least a year now. That afternoon, we had this conversation:

You: 'We go to singing with Nicky' (singing teacher).
Me: 'Oh I'm sorry lovely, we had to miss singing today because I had to go to the hospital.
You: 'Don't worry, Mummy. We go to hospital later with Ruby. Don't worry, Mummy.' 

Thank you for your kind heartedness and for being gracious even though you missed doing something you love. 

We have been thoroughly enjoying the benefits of more hours of sunlight, now that Spring is here. This has meant a few late afternoon trips to St. Andrew's park, which would've been impossible to do when it was getting dark at 5pm. This often means a late dinner time, but you never seem to mind, and I am loving the rhythms of our afternoons - long naps and time outdoors drinking in the sunshine and fresh air. Here's to enjoying as much time outside as possible over the next few months.

All my love,
Mummy xxx

Comments