The 52 Project: 15/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2016.'

Dear Ruby,
Granny and Grandad came to look after you for a few days this week so that I could go and visit my friend Katy before she flies back to Brazil, and before your baby brother is born. You had lots of adventures with them at the farm, the zoo and the library, and impressed everyone with the volume of food you can eat. 
When Daddy and I are making plans for things we might do, like going to the park, we will often spell them out, because we know that as soon as you hear the ideas, you will want to go immediately. You have picked up on this way of communicating, and although you are a little way off being able to blend, segment and spell words, I love the way you repeat the things you hear. For example:
Daddy: 'I could take her to the P-A-R-K.'
You: 'Daddy's going somewhere...to the R-K.' I want to come too.' 
I love that even though you don't quite know where we are talking about, you want to be a part of the action, whatever that may be.
All my love,
Mummy xxx

P.S This photo was taken at Sneyd Park Nature Reserve - we went there for the first time this week and you loved spotting all of the ducks and the one little duckling as they swam about the pond. You did a fine job of confusing the ducks by alternating throwing stones and bread into the pond. Thankfully, no ducks were injured as a result of your stone throwing!!

Comments