The 52 Project: 12/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2016.'

Dear Ruby, 
This week has been characterised by illness - I started the week with an awful cold that pushed me into survival mode, where getting through each day and keeping us both alive was just about all I could manage. By the end of the week, you had caught my cold and on Sunday morning, you fell asleep on me at 9.30am, then dozed in and out of consciousness for the next two hours. Daddy and I had chosen this day to leave you with Granny and Grandad and go away for the night without you. It felt like such awful timing to be leaving you, but luckily, you have a very loving Granny who was willing to share a bed with you to help you sleep, and sleep you did, which is completely remarkable. Thank you for that. By Monday, you were feeling a little brighter and had the energy to enjoy throwing stones in the sea before we came back home to Bristol.
All my love,
Mummy xxx

Comments