The 52 Project: 6/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2016.'

Dear Ruby,
You have recently started asking to go for 'walk round block', and we are quickly discovering that this means that you'd like to walk to the swimming pool or the park in the hope that you might get to do some jumping, or watch children swimming, which is significantly more than just a walk around the block. Suffice to say, if ever we suggest going out for a walk - to the shops, library, around the block, or better still, to Snuff Mills to see the water wheel, you tend to jump at the chance. 

This week has been a funny one, punctuated with a fever and sickness, needing to rest, making a quick recovery and seeing lots of friends and family who came to Bristol to visit this weekend. One of my favourite moments of the week was when we were all eating dinner together and you looked up at me and said, 'I love you so much!' without missing a beat, you turned to Daddy and said the same thing - this is the first time you have ever verbalised your love for us and it made my heart feel very full. What a treasure you are. 

All my love,
Mummy xxx

Comments