The 52 Project: 4/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2016.'

Dear Ruby,
Every time we drive somewhere in the car, you talk about where we might be going. Your sense of direction astounds me, and your knowledge of Bristol makes me hopeful that you might just have more of an internal map than I do. My sense of direction is appalling - you will soon learn this. Or perhaps not. I didn't realise until I was nineteen that my Dad has just as bad a sense of direction as I do, so maybe you won't notice either!
You are thoroughly enjoying being involved in any cooking that takes place at the moment - in this photo you are preparing raspberries to be stewed in orange juice for making Cranachan (which you love to eat as much as you love to make!).
We have been doing a lot of dancing in the kitchen lately, and I love it when you initiate this. The other day I overheard you say, 'Dance with me, Daddy', and I couldn't help but smile.
This week we bought you a bike seat, which you love. We had no doubt that you would, after our holiday in Italy last Summer when you first rode on a bike seat and thoroughly enjoyed it. Each time we have been out for a ride, you have not wanted it to end, and protested greatly when the time came to return home. Here's to many more adventures on two wheels together.
All my love,
Mummy xxx

Comments