The 52 Project: 48/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2015.'

Dear Ruby, 
This week brought with it the special occasion of your second birthday! Hooray! For many weeks now, you have been singing, 'Happy Birthday' to everyone and everything, and finally, it was your turn to be sung to by your family and friends. 
You napped during the first part of your party, just as you had last year, but what was lovely was that as soon as you woke up and realised your friends had arrived and were playing downstairs, you wanted to join them immediately. I suggested that you change into your party dress, but your response was, 'No, downstairs, now. See friends.' I love that you prioritise people over clothes, and I hope this never changes! 
Even though you have loved the many renditions of singing, 'Happy Birthday' over the last few weeks, I was well aware that when everyone at the party started singing it to you, you might feel a little overwhelmed by it, but you took it in your stride, and might just have stuck your finger up your nose for good measure. I am pretty sure that Auntie Hannah caught that moment on camera! But you're two, so you can get away with things like that. 
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments