The 52 Project: 45/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2015.'

Dear Ruby,
I took this photo on a grey Sunday morning as we headed out to the shops to buy some bread at 7.30am. I love that you are up for going on walks with me no matter how early it is, and I love that you always remember to bring a bag. Even if we often end up walking back home to return the bag after you discover it can be challenging to carry, I love the way you make these connections between going out and needing to take a bag.
Today we celebrated the birthday of one of your friends, and partway through the party, I went to find you, and you were sat all alone in the conservatory, eating a sausage. Later on, you let yourself out into the garden while everyone else remained inside, and enjoyed a bit of peace and quiet. You often seek out the quiet spaces when we are with lots of people, and I like that you seem to know when you need a bit of time alone. I look forward to the day when you learn that I like to have some alone time when I use the bathroom : )
All my love,
Mummy xxx

Comments