The 52 Project: 40/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2015'

Dear Ruby,
I have this memory of going to the woods with my family when I was a girl. We were going to pick blackberries, and I sulked for the whole car journey there, and refused to get out of the car, just because my older brother loved the woods, and I didn't want to do something he loved. That trip was a good lesson in realising that the rest of the family could and would have fun, even if I was disgruntled. I also learnt that sitting by myself in the car and feeling cross was a horrible way to feel, and eventually I relented and joined the family. Thankfully, I have changed, and I now think that woods are wonderful. I wish we lived closer to some so that you could explore all of the nooks and crannies and coves on a more regular basis. Anyhow, you currently love walking in the woods, and I hope this doesn't change, even when you have siblings who might also love it. Keep exploring, little one.
All my love,
Mummy 

Comments