The 52 Project: 31/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2015.'

Dear Ruby,
I took this photo of you just as Daddy sprayed a mist of water in your face. I love that you didn't blink, wince or change your expression. Your hair goes through phases in the day of wild bed hair to calm and tamed, and then back to wild again after your nap. We haven't cut it yet - I wanted to avoid giving you a fringe if possible, but it's now at this slightly awkward length where it's too short to tie back, and too long to wear without a hair clip. 
Tomorrow we are going on our greatest adventure to date - we're taking you on your very first flight on an aeroplane! Daddy and I are very excited about this. We both love flying, and hope you do too. I am well prepared with snacks and new books and games to play on the flight. I am imagining that you will be quite happy to run up and down the aisle of the plane for most of the time. We're going to Italy and it is seriously hot there. Here's to hoping you can cope with the heat. You talk a lot about planes and notice almost every plane and helicopter that flies over our house. I wonder if you will be as excited about flying on one as you are about spotting them in the sky.
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments