from the weekend

I thought I would share a few photos from our time spent with my family this weekend. My older brother was over from Madrid, which was lovely, as we tend to only get to see him once or twice a year. He hadn't seen Ruby since Christmas, which is an enormous amount of time in terms of the amount Ruby has changed since she was twelve months old. We mostly spent our time at my parents house, where I lived from the age of eleven until I left home at nineteen. Now that I have a home of my own, I have a greater appreciation for just how wonderful my parents' huge garden is. Ruby thoroughly enjoyed rolling on their freshly cut grass, finding caterpillars, spotting butterflies, picking blueberries and playing catch with her Nanny and Uncle. 
On Saturday evening, we went with my Dad to feed his friend’s chickens. This was the first time that Ruby has come into contact with chickens, and seen that eggs don’t just come from cartons in supermarkets!! She was certainly wary of them, and the eggs, and was grateful for the safety of her Grandad’s arms. 
Ruby had the option of sitting on her own chair at all mealtimes, but without fail, she opted to sit with my Mum or Dad. It looks like she adopted my Mum's fork as well as her own, just in case one didn't suffice! It is a shame that we weren't able to spend longer than a weekend together, but for those few days and precious time together, I am very thankful.

Comments