around here.

I feel like I should start this blog post by saying, 'Hello! How are you? I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately.' I think I mentioned in one of my posts about our Italy holiday that we didn't have access to wifi there, so the blog posts I managed to share were rather rushed. Now that we are back, we still don't have regular internet access, due to ongoing problems with our internet at home, so I am unsure as to when I will be able to resume posting regularly. This weekend we are staying with my parents, so I am able to take advantage of their fully functioning wifi. I thought I would share a few snippets from our first week back to normality since getting home from Italy. My memory is so appalling these days, which makes me so thankful for how convenient it is to capture life with smart phones. I so often wonder, 'where have we been? what did we eat? how have I been spending my time?!!' and I am certain that I would remember far less if I didn't take as many photos of our every day life as I do. Here's to taking the time to remember the small moments that fill our days.

Around here we have been...

flying back from our holiday in Italy. Overall, our first experience of flying with Ruby was brilliant. She loved the airports and plane journeys, and was particularly enamoured with the feeling of the plane coming into land and going, 'bump, bump, bump!' Since getting home, she has a new found awareness of all the bumps we go over in the car, and likes to announce each bump.

enjoying the classic British Summer weather. The heat in Italy was a bit overwhelming, and it was quite refreshing to feel the cool air and Summer rain that is so familiar to us. I loved the contrast of the bright blue skies we saw on the flight home, compared to the grey skies and rain that greeted us when we landed in London.

eating salted caramel ice cream. I made this batch of ice cream for the first time before we went away, but we didn't really have a chance to eat it. So we enjoyed sharing it with friends this week. I will share the recipe here soon.

watching hot air balloons take flight over our house first thing in the morning. Such a lovely sight. 

eating sweet cherry tomato and sausage bake with French bread - so delicious and simple. It's a Jamie Oliver recipe which you can find here.

sewing a tote bag for a friend who's about to have her second baby. A friend and I put together a selection of breastfeeding essentials (chocolate, dried fruit, muslins, lip balm and a few other toilettries), and gifts for her son to play with while she is feeding their new baby.

********************

All of these photos are ones that I took on my iPhone and have shared on Instagram. If you are on Instagram, I would love to connect with you there. There's something so much more personal and immediate about Instagram compared to other social media outlets, and commenting on blogs. You can find me there under @hannahruthking



Comments