The 52 Project: 27/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2015.'

Dear Ruby,
I have said it before, but it can never be said enough, that you bring me so much joy. This photo is one of my favourites of you. To me, this photo captures so much of your character. I took it on Monday evening while we were staying with Granny and Grandad. You had just had a shower with Daddy to wash off the sand and sun cream from time spent at the beach. (You have completely gone off bath time, but love showers instead, so long as you are in Daddy's arms at all time.) I was sat in the garden reading, and you had come to find me to say goodnight. You ran through the house, giggling with glee, and your head popped through the blinds. The light was just perfect - a beautiful balance of brightness and shadows so I picked up my camera to capture the moment. I took this photo after I had just been tickling you under your chin. I love the way you've thrown your head back and lifted your arms in happy surrender, but tucked your arms into your body in that slightly protective way that people do when they're being ticked, the dimple in your right cheek just about visible, and the light just highlighting your beautiful blonde eyelashes. This photo is how I see you, and you are beautiful.
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments

  1. Lovely photo. So much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a beauty! I'd never thought before becoming a mother that it would bring such a feeling to "fullness" to my life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does bring a wonderful feeling of fullness, doesn't it? (Along with many other feelings in between!!)

      Delete
  3. Oh what a beautiful shot - she's just so full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carie : ) Children's joy is quite contagious, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!! Nothing so joyful as a giggling baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment