The 52 Project: 21/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2015.'

Dear Ruby,
These days, you sing all the time. Mostly, you sing a song from your swimming lessons ('splish, splash, splish splash, around in a circle and up in the air!') You can't sing the words, but the tune & accompanying actions are very much present when you sing. Yesterday was a beautiful day, and as we drove to Leigh Woods, you sung almost the entire car journey. There was no music playing - you just sang whatever tune you wanted to. I love hearing you sing.
I have always been amazed at your ability to communicate without words, and one of my favourite moments this week was when I asked you if you wanted to on a walk to the shops, You smiled in affirmation, and then I procrastinated in the process of getting ready. You are always motivated by the prospect of a walk, and you made this clear when you brought my shoes to me in the kitchen, and handed me some money, as if to say, 'come on Mum, you said we're going to the shops. Let's go!' Totally brilliant.
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments