The 52 Project: 41/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2014.'

Dear Ruby, 
Your ability to climb has progressed in leaps and bounds this week. Your biggest climbing accomplishment occurred yesterday, when you managed to climb up the stairs, while Daddy, Auntie Sarah and I were completely oblivious to your adventures. We discovered you on the landing, with a look of satisfaction at your achievements on your face. 

I can imagine you reading these words in twenty years time, bewildered that I would take the time to write about the first time you climbed the stairs, because these milestones quickly become normal and we don't think twice about them. But one of the beautiful things about parenting is that you get to watch as a tiny human (that is a huge part of yourself) grows and learns and changes before your eyes. I count it as my privilege that I get to raise you and see you go from being able to put one knee up on the bottom stair one day, to scaling all of the stairs in one go the following day.

Needless to say, you continued putting your ability to climb into practise today, as you climbed inside the cupboards that Daddy started building this weekend. Keep taking risks that help you to grow and explore the world, little one.

Lots of love,
Mum.

Comments