The 52 Project: 30/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2014.

Dear Ruby, since you were four months old, we have followed the same bedtime routine every evening, which consists of bath, baby massage, milk and sleep. Recently, you seem to have had a bit more energy in this last waking hour before you settle for the night, and so we have started reading you a bedtime story before you have a massage. (As I write this, I'm kind of wishing that I had the same bedtime routine as you!) Here you are, just after your bath, your hair is still wet and you are eagerly exploring your book. This week, Daddy has read you The Paper Dolls by Julia Donaldson, and I have read the old classic, 'We're going on a bear hunt' by Michael Rosen. Both of these books have such a lovely rhythm to them, and I love seeing your enjoyment of stories. Here's to a lifetime of listening to and reading stories, my little one.
With love,
Mum.

Comments