miniature egg tartlets

As I typed the title of this post, it dawned on me that I have made a lot of 'miniature' things over the years: brownies, meringues, lemon cloud cookiesdrawstring bags, and now tiny little tartlets. There's something very pleasing to me about making bitesized food, and now that I have a baby to feed, I have even more reason to bake things on a small scale. This week, I have made these little egg tartlets, which have been very well received by my daughter. They're so simple and quick to whip up, so I thought I'd share the recipe here. This is a very versatile recipe, and you could chop and change the ingredients as you wish, just keeping the egg mixture the same. Next time I think I might add some grated cheese and a bit of chicken.

Miniature Egg Tartlets
ingredients: makes 10 tiny tartlets
2 eggs
1 spring onion (scallion)
a few slices of courgette
a handful of fresh or frozen peas
1 tbsp whole milk

1) Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4
2) Slice up the courgette and spring onions into small pieces
3) Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan then transfer to a jug.
4) Heat a small amount of coconut oil, or any other kind of oil in a frying pan and fry the courgette and spring onions until they've softened (about 4 mins).
5) Add the eggs and a tablespoon of whole milk to the jug with the butter and lightly beat together.
6) Grease a mini muffin tray then pour the egg mixture into each hole.
7) Add a small amount of each of the vegetables to each hole
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
9) Leave in the tray to cool for a few minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack. If you don't transfer the tartlets to cool, they will become slightly soggy.
10) Give to your little one to devour, or enjoy them yourself!

Comments

  1. This recipe looks lovely - I'll have to try it for my little ones soon - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment