quinoa & goat's cheese salad

On the days that I managed to be a little bit organised and plan my lunches ahead of time, I make quinoa. I love the stuff. So much so, that I am planning on branching out from my favourite granola that I have eaten for breakfast since I was knee high to a grasshopper, and try some of Summer's blueberry and banana quinoa. To make that happen, I need to set myself a reminder on my phone to put the quinoa to soak in water and lemon juice before I go to bed, and I have not yet managed that yet. On the days that I am not organised, I tend to gravitate towards granola (even if I've had it for breakfast, I love it that much), or peanut butter on toast, which clearly doesn't have as many nutritional benefits as this healthy salad, but I can't help myself.

Quinoa & Goat's Cheese Salad
This isn't so much a recipe, as an ingredients list, because once you've cooked the quinoa (there's instructions on the packet), you just add everything else in whatever quantities you like. If you haven't eaten quinoa before, you can have it hot or cold, but my preference is to eat it cold, which is another reason to be organised and make it ahead of time.

ingredients
half a cup of cooked quinoa (makes enough for 2 lunches for myself)
cherry tomatoes
sundried tomatoes
spring onions (scallions for my American readers)
raw carrot
as much goat's cheese as you like. I love the soft, creamy variety.
splash of balsamic vinegar

Comments