The 52 Project: 14/52

Dear Ruby,
This week you and I have developed colds. I am pretty sure that you feel as rough as I do, if not more so, judging by the concerned expression that your face held all day Friday. Little whimpering sounds have replaced your usual gleeful giggling, and so I did what made the most sense to me. I wrapped you up in your sling and carried you around the house, just like we did for the first three months of your life. We rarely spend our days like this anymore - you are becoming so much more active and interested in exploring with your hands and feet - and you spend more time awake than asleep during the day. So although I am missing your smile and your babbling, I am cherishing the opportunity to have you sleeping close to me.
Get well soon, little one.

Comments