The 52 Project: 1/52

"A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2014"

I discovered the 52 Project last week, where bloggers are encouraged to share a portrait of their children once a week on their blogs throughout the year, as a simple but beautiful way of documenting their development over time. I am certain that I will take dozens of photos of Ruby each week, but I like this as an idea of being intentional in documenting the fleeting moments of childhood. 

Ever since I was pregnant with Ruby, parents have told me again and again to enjoy every moment, because it goes by so quickly. And so I am sure that in the years to come, when Ruby's baby days seem like long ago, I will treasure looking back at this year of portraits that I will have by the end of 2014.

Ruby: This week, at 5 weeks old, you have mastered smiling. Your little legs have unfurled, the memories of how you were curled up inside of me are fading from your body as you grow and get used to being out in the world. You have a little dimple in your right cheek that only appears when you flash us a smile. I want to remember the way you love to sleep in the sling, completely at peace as I go about the day with you as my constant companion.

Comments

Post a Comment