quick chocolate dessert

If you have read my blog for any length of time, you will know that I love to bake. I love the process of combining ingredients together to make something that is far greater and tastier than the sum of its parts. I don't mind if a recipe entails a bit of hard work and time, as baking is something that I love to do to relax. However, there are those occasions when I have the desire to make something from scratch, but am running low on time and energy. John and I were introduced to this delight by a friend the other week who knows that I love chocolate puddings, but John dislikes them hot. This is the perfect happy medium for us both when we fancy something sweet and chocolatey for dessert, and John loves it, and has requested that I make it on multiple occasions over the last few weeks since we first tasted it, which is high praise indeed from a man who prefers savoury to sweet.

It's incredibly quick to make, but requires just a little forethought to allow time for the desserts to chill in the fridge. The combination of these ingredients is a creamy, slightly moussey dessert.


ingredients for 2
125g marscarpone cheese
125g chocolate - any variety works. we've made this with dark chocolate orange and milk chocolate with honeycomb chunks
150ml double cream

method
1) Melt the chocolate
2) Stir in the marscarpone and cream (no need to whip)
3) Distribute the mixture between 2 ramekins and chill until needed

See? Seriously simple, presenting the perfect (totally unhealthy) dessert for when you are short of time or just looking for something simple. For a healthier alternative, you could just eat a bar of chocolate and skip the marscarpone and cream!!

Comments

  1. Guess I know what we are having for desert! Yummmmm ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment