Saturday Dinner // Moroccan Lamb

Lamb does not often feature on the menu in our house, and I think this is mostly because it is so much more expensive than chicken. So it was a nice treat to eat something a bit different on Saturday evening, having been inspired by my brother Ben telling me about some Moroccan seasoned bread he had made.
The marinade is the key element of this recipe, consisting of chilli's, spring onions, garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper. I envisaged we would only leave it to marinate for an hour, but a trip to Ikea changed that plan. By the time I had escaped Ikea's grasp, the lamb had been sitting pretty in the marinade for almost three hours, I think.
I have learnt from John that the joy of making marinades (and cooking in general) is that you can get away with being pretty inexact about quantities, and it'll probably taste fine. So, the quantities below, are an approximation of what I actually used:

ingredeints for the marinade:
3 cloves garlic
half a red chilli
1.5 tsp each of cumin, paprika and cayenne
4 spring onions
enough olive oil to bind it all together without being too wet or dry

method for preparing and cooking the lamb
1) Once you have blitzed all of your marinade ingredients together in a food processor, put your diced lamb in a bowl (we used 300g for 3 of us), cover in the marinade and chill until you are ready to cook.

2) Place the marinated lamb in a roasting dish, along with 2 diced bell peppers, an onion and anything else you fancy adding.

3) Roast for approximately 30 - 40 minutes at about 190C / Gas mark 5, or until cooked! Alternatively, place the diced lamb & peppers on skewers to make kebabs, and try barbequing them!

4) Serve with pittas and salad.

Comments

  1. Sounds incredibly good! Love mediterranean flavor! I'll have to save up on my grocery budget to splurge on some lamb some time soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment